Monday, April 18, 2022

The Origin of the Easter



We retired together that night and in the morning, I was gone. She woke up panicked but also recalled my instructions. She prepared for her journey, packing lightly. Freya headed east first, over land and ocean, bringing the springtime with her. Over hills and seas, she travelled in search of me. Spring turned to summer and autumn quickly followed. Time passed swiftly and the joy of the chase made my lady weary. I was happy her love drove her but if too much time passed, playing hard to get can wear down the purest of loves. 


Wintertime had blanketed the land with the purest snow when she finally stopped. Her quest had become an afterthought when she came across a small bird. It was tiny and it was dead. The bird had frozen in the winter with no hope for life returning to it. My Freya became colder and as a result, life in the world would die as her mood affected the season's severity. 


As a last-ditch effort to rekindle her purpose and joy, I became a hare. I hopped and bounded over the snow until I met her in years, holding the dead bird. I gently brushed her ankle to comfort her and warm her spirit. My lady was so taken by the bird’s death that I would have to bring a gift to give her hope. Beneath my belly and on top of my feet, I was carrying an item insignificant to most, but it would be the reason spring came round each year. It was a small egg of the bird that died and a simple token that reminded Freya of the nature of things. The egg reminded her that life had to continue so that death would not be the end. It is simply a balance so that life can continue. Her tears dried and her heart began to flutter once more.


As the spring returned to the land, so did the wildlife. As the snow receded, flowers began to blossom. Joyful hope returned to the realms and Freya. I couldn't help but smile as her beauty returned to light the world up once more. As all the animals and insects danced around her, she looked up to discover the door of Austri appeared. She approached the door cautiously. Austri offered a place for my lady to rest for the night. In the morning, she received a beautiful green emerald to remind her of springtime. Freya mounted her chariot and her cats quickly pulled her towards the north.



No comments:

Post a Comment

  An Introduction of Mahatma Gandhi Introduction: Mahatma Gandhi as a visionary of India had a very clear perception of Indian villages. H...